In this course, you will be introduced to advanced vector drawing techniques and special effects. This will enable you to create more complex pieces of artwork and improve your proficiency in using this vector image editing application. Adobe Illustrator is used throughout the creative industry (not only in graphic design and Illustration) as the industry standard software for creating artwork and designs.
If you’ve taken the Beginners Course, then this course builds on that foundation and teaches you additional advanced features by introducing you to new tools and options.
Why Adobe Illustrator and what does it allow you to do?
Adobe Illustrator is a powerful design application that allows you to create graphical material for both print and digital projects, that can be resized without a loss of image quality. Illustrator also allows you to create:
– Logos and branding material
– Infographics, maps, charts
– Icons and symbols
– Website mockups and images for the web
– Packing designs
– Fashion designs and patterns
– Presentations and PDF documents
– Posters, leaflets, flyers, brochures
– Typefaces and typographical artwork
Who is this course for?
For those in who already know the basics of Adobe Illustrator, but are looking to take their use of the application to the next level.
It’s assumed that you have a basic working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator (please check the outline of the beginners course to see if you know at least most of these skills). You should also have a basic working knowledge of the operating system you will be using while attending the course (either Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OS).
Typically, the course runs from 9:00am – 4:00pm (your time), with an hour lunch break and two short breaks. However, we can be flexible on this.
The number of days the course will take depends on the number of people taking part. But typically for an individual person, the course lasts 1.5 to 2 days.
Drawing and Styling Techniques
– Pathfinder Panel
– Warp Tools
– The Width Tool
– The Puppet Warp Tool
– The Mesh Tool
– The Expand Appearance command
– Working with compound paths
– Creating an envelope distortion
– The Blend Tool
– Creating clipping masks
– Create and manipulate patterns
– Using the Perspective Grid Tool
Advanced Type Controls
– Typographical detail with leading, kerning and tracking
– Character and paragraph styles
– Text wraps
Advanced Colour Features
– Generating colour groups with the Colour Guide panel
– Using the Live Paint Bucket Tool to colour artwork
– Using the Recolor Artwork menu
Applying Effects & Styles
– Applying and adjusting Illustrator Effects
– Applying and adjusting ‘Photoshop’ Effects
– The Appearance panel
– Use and create graphic styles
– Opacity masks
Creating Custom Brushes
– Calligraphic brushes
– Scatter brushes
– Art brushes
– Bristle brushes
– Pattern brushes
Publishing For Print
– Explaining print terminology
– Setting trim and crop marks
– Preview artwork using CMYK soft proof
– The Package option
If you’re interested in this course, then press the Apply Now button below and fill in the enquiry form to get in touch. We can then discuss the solutions to fit your training needs and the costs involved.