In this course, you will develop a foundational and elementary proficiency with this vector image editing application. Adobe Illustrator is used throughout the creative industry (not only in graphic design and Illustration) as the industry standard software for creating artwork and designs.
During the course, you will learn how to effectively set up a document for your project needs, create and a manipulate artwork, work with and manage colours, import and vectorise bitmap images, and learn how to publish images for your project requirements.
Also, the course familiarises you with the application’s interface, document navigation controls, and provides you with workflow techniques and keyboard shortcuts to increase user proficiency.
Why Adobe Illustrator and what does it allow me to do?
Adobe Illustrator is a powerful design application that allows you to create graphical material for both print and digital projects, that can be resized without a loss of image quality. Illustrator allows you to create:
– Logos and branding material
– Infographics, maps, charts
– Icons and symbols
– Website mockups and images for the web
– Packing designs
– Fashion designs and patterns
– Presentations and PDF documents
– Posters, leaflets, flyers, brochures
– Typefaces and typographical artwork
Who is this course for?
For those with no prior knowledge of Adobe Illustrator who are looking to learn the basics of the application.
It’s assumed that you have none or not much experience or knowledge of Adobe Illustrator before taking this course. However, you should have a basic working knowledge of the operating system you will be using while attending the course (either Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OS).
Typically, the course runs from 9:00am – 4:00pm (your time), with an hour lunch break and two short breaks. However, we can be flexible on this.
The number of days the course will take depends on the number of people taking part. But typically for an individual person, the course lasts 1.5 to 2 days.
Setting up Illustrator Projects
– Establishing project requirements and media formats
– Creating a new Illustrator document
Getting Accustomed to the Interface
– Identifying parts of the user interface
– Select Workspaces, create and save custom Workspaces
– Navigation and zoom controls
– Using shape and line tools to create basic geometry
– Using the pen tool to create custom shapes and trace maps
– Stroke panel and arrows
– Grids, rulers, and guides
– Selecting and grouping objects
– Transforming and modify objects
– Align and distribute objects
– Create and manipulate text
– Creating and editing symbols
– Organise artwork using layers
– Create and manage multiple Artboards
Working with Colours
– Selecting and applying colours
– Creating colour swatches
– Applying and modifying gradients
– Using spot colours
Working with Bitmap/Raster Images
– Vector and raster image format differences
– Placing raster images
– Embedding, relinking and updating imported images
– Using Image Trace to convert raster images into vector images
Transparency and Effects
– Adjusting the transparency of objects
– Using blend modes
– Publishing requirements
– Identifying common file formats
– Saving and exporting
If you’re interested in this course, then press the Apply Now button below and fill in the enquiry form to get in touch. We can then discuss the solutions to fit your training needs and the costs involved.